Outside of New York

If you want to get certified in another state after you complete your Bank Street program, you should start researching early. Contact the relevant State Department of Education for details on requirements and application procedures. Certification regulations vary by state, so it is best to obtain the information well in advance of your intended program completion date.

Many US states do not require you to be certified in New York (or any other state).  Typically, it is expected that you complete a state-approved program (such as a certification-eligible program here at Bank Street) and then apply in the state you are seeking certification in. Please note that exams, fingerprinting or any other specific requirements are not waived. Specifically, you will need to fulfill all exam requirements in any state you wish to be certified in, even if you hold a certification in New York State. Visit the U.S. Department of Education Page for more information on certification requirements for all fifty states and territories.

Out-of-State Verification Forms:

If you have completed a certification-eligible program here at Bank Street and need to have a required verification form completed by our office, please complete any information on the form that is to be completed by the applicant and send the form by mail, fax, or email to our office below. We will complete the form and send it off per the state’s instructions on the form.

Ann Cox
Certification Officer
Bank Street College of Education
610 West 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
Fax: 212-875-4416