Tuesday, January 24, 2023
1:30 PM EST - 3:00 PM EST
Educator Preparation Laboratory (EdPrepLab) Third Annual Virtual Policy Summit
Building the Teacher Pipeline: Emerging Models for High-Quality Educator Preparation
As education systems implement COVID recovery strategies and policymakers and the public grow increasingly concerned about teacher shortages, high-quality, high-retention educator preparation pathways hold promise for reducing attrition, enhancing diversity, and increasing effectiveness for state educator workforces. Expanding intensive preparation pathways may also produce more teachers with the skills and knowledge to apply the findings of the science of learning and development (SoLD) in classrooms. Taking root across multiple states, these varied models share an emphasis on clinical experience and close partnerships between K-12 schools and preparation programs. At this virtual summit, educator preparation policy and practice experts will discuss the design, implementation, and early outcomes of residency, grow-your-own, and apprenticeship models. A Q&A session will follow the presentation.
- Carole Basile, Dean, Arizona State University / Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College
- Chelsea Crawford, Chief of Staff, Tennessee Department of Education
- Linda Darling-Hammond, President and CEO, Learning Policy Institute
- Lynn Gangone, President and CEO, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (moderator)
- Roberto J. Rodríguez, Assistant Secretary for Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development, U.S. Department of Education
Additional speakers to be announced.
Steve Wojcikiewicz, Learning Policy Institute
Click here to register