Webinar: How Educator Preparation Programs Are Adapting During COVID-19
Thursday, April 23, 2020
As school districts and universities across the nation adapt to distance learning, how are educator preparation programs responding? How are they meeting their candidates’ needs right now? What are they doing to prepare for the future? In this climate of uncertainty, it is more important than ever to ensure teachers and leaders are being prepared to provide deeper learning opportunities to all students, especially those from our most vulnerable populations.
This webinar features leaders from educator preparation programs around the country who are members of the Educator Preparation Laboratory (EdPrepLab) network. They will explore pressing questions around teacher and leader preparation during the COVID-19 crisis, including:
- How are institutions of higher education responding to state guidance on licensing and credentialing?
- How are programs infusing social-emotional learning and trauma-informed practices in their work with candidates?
- What best practices in virtual learning are evolving to meet the specific needs of teacher and school leader candidates?
- Rebecca Cheung, Director, Principal Leadership Institute, University of California, Berkeley
- Annamarie Francois, Director, Center X, University of California, Los Angeles
- Maria E. Hyler, Director, EdPrepLab
- Ira Lit, Associate Professor (Teaching), Stanford University Graduate School of Education
- Jennifer Robinson, Executive Director, Center for Pedagogy, Montclair State University
- Kathy Schultz, Dean of the School of Education, University of Colorado Boulder