Early Childhood Leadership Advanced Certificate
The Early Childhood Leadership Advanced Certificate program is an intensive 11 month program designed to support the development of early childhood directors and strengthen the leadership skills of present leaders/directors/administrators who need state certification.
This program will enable you to earn two credentials: your School Building Leader (SBL) certification from the New York State Department of Education and/or Children’s Program Administrator Credential (CPAC)* from the New York State Association for Early Childhood Education.
This is a certificate program and requires 24 credits.
*The Children’s Program Administrator Credential of New York State is an alternative certification designed to provide for and be recognized as a standard by which to measure program management, fiscal management, and leadership abilities of early childhood and school-age program administrators.
In addition to the main admissions criteria, there are additional requirements needed to apply for this program:
- Applicants must have 3 years of head teaching/pupil personnel experience.
- Applicants must already hold a master’s degree in education.
- You will need to submit scores from the GRE (institution code 2035) or MAT (institution code 3197) before new student registration.
For those pursing Children’s Program Administrator Credential (CPAC) only:
- Applicants must have an earned bachelor’s degree and 18 credits in child development or related courses.
Supervised fieldwork/advisement lies at the heart of a Bank Street education. Through sustained experiences in the field, supervision from core faculty, and close collaboration with peers, our graduate students develop the ability to connect theory to practice and to reflect deeply on their own growth as educators. In this program you will:
- Be supervised by a Bank Street advisor who is an experienced early childhood leader.
- Complete supervised fieldwork during your first year, in the Fall and Spring.
- Be supervised at your current work site.
Your degree will provide you with a range of career opportunities, including leadership roles in centers or schools, e.g. Program Director, Principal, Assistant Principal, department chair, staff developer, coach, educational director, as well as a range of supervisory roles.