Bank Street’s Tiorati Science Program for Schools is a professional development program that bridges classroom learning with the natural environment. Tiorati educators work directly with individual districts, schools, and teachers to design inquiry-oriented learning experiences that address the curricular needs of the school.
- One-on-one coaching for faculty at the school with Tiorati educators that could involve:
- Planning, enacting, reflecting, and assessing curricula that use an inquiry and hands-on approach to learning
- Working to address the CCSS and the NYS Science Core Curriculum
- Meeting the individual needs of diverse students
- Integrating science with ELA, mathematics, social studies, or the arts
- Faculty retreats and/or student trips to the Tiorati Science Program for Schools in Harriman State Park, which provides:
- Firsthand experience in the outdoors with an inquiry and hands-on approach to learning
- A model of leveraging observations of the natural environment to support learning
- An appreciation for the natural environment outside the city
Bank Street’s Tiorati Science Program would like to thank Consolidated Edison for its generous funding of this program. Thanks, Con Ed!