Curriculum and Instruction
Create a program tailored to your curriculum and content interests and earn professional certification in the area of your initial certification.
Enhance your understanding of curriculum, deepen and strengthen your skills and understanding of creative, meaningful teaching! The Curriculum & Instruction program is designed for individuals who hold initial certification in general education or general and special education at the Early Childhood or Childhood level. Inquiry, reflection, creativity, and collaboration will be central to your experience at Bank Street.
This program culminates in a Master of Science in Education and requires 32 credits.
In addition to the main admissions criteria, there are additional requirements needed to apply for this program:
- Applicants must already hold a valid New York State certification in General Education at the Early Childhood or Childhood level.
- You will need to submit scores from the GRE (institution code 2035) or MAT (institution code 3197) before new student registration.
Supervised fieldwork/advisement lies at the heart of a Bank Street education. Through sustained experiences in the field, supervision from core faculty, and close collaboration with peers, our graduate students develop the ability to connect theory to practice and to reflect deeply on their own growth as educators. In this program, you will:
- Work in classroom settings as a full-time assistant or head teacher or as a student teacher (3 days each week).
- Choose an alternative experience relevant to your area of study for the spring semester or continue in your classroom setting.
- Be supervised by your advisor, a core graduate faculty mentor, as you work with children in your fieldwork setting.
- Participate in a weekly conference group of 5-7 students and your advisor.
- Meet individually with your advisor twice each month.
Your degree will provide you with a range of career opportunities:
- Head teaching positions in independent, public, or charter schools
- Curriculum specialists and grade level lead teachers
- Co-teachers in collaborative team teaching (CTT) and Integrative Collaborative Teaching (ICT) classroom settings
FacultyThere are no faculty to display.